As we are all aware and have perhaps already been personally impacted in different ways, there is considerable and focused attention on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from both a global and local perspective. I want to take this time to reassure each of you that we are doing our part at OMT-Veyhl to slow the spread of the virus and protect our employees.
To reiterate information from the CDC, there is currently no vaccine for the virus. In addition, a person can be infected and show no symptoms either initially or ever. Therefore, it is critical that each of us works together to protect both ourselves and each other during the day.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact where possible with others (social boundaries of 6 feet are considered safest)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces often
- Above all, please stay home if you do not feel well
All of these seem to be things we have all learned in kindergarten, but they bear repeating and will help slow COVID-19 if practiced rigorously. Which is exactly what we intend to do. The common symptoms of COVID-19 are: Runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever, difficulty breathing.
OMT-Veyhl will not be implementing specific travel bans as a company. However, we will require strict adherence to all federal (and local) travel advisories and restrictions as they are handed down. Therefore, all business travel must be approved by an employee’s direct manager for compliance to the guidelines and kept to an absolute minimum. In addition, if an employee chooses to travel outside of the United States for personal reasons, they must inform their direct manager with as much notice as possible. It is our every intention to keep the health and well-being of our employees first and foremost.
We will continue to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and other public health agencies to determine the safest course of action for everyone within the OMT-Veyhl family. Within our own facility, we are taking the following measures to protect our employees:
- Employees are asked to work from home if they are able
- Supervisors are monitoring for employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of acute respiratory illness, and will require the employee to stay home until they are able to provide a doctor’s note clearing them to work without restrictions
- Mandatory cleaning of every bathroom, high traffic areas, break rooms and other surface areas every hour
Thanks for your patience and understanding! While it may seem daunting now, we will all get through this by working together and keeping each other safe and healthy.
Our government published a guideline to slow down the spread of the virus. You can find the detailed plan here: https://bit.ly/2J1L4hI
This is now our #1 priority as a US Citizen, nothing else. STOP THE SPREAD!
Lars Reuter, CEO